Sunday, July 26, 2009

Help Wanted

Over the three year history of the Bowl Movements, there has been a three man core... Johnebob, JD, and myself. The fourth spot has been occupied by an amazing array folks. Even if you put them in a clown car, you would be impressed at how many idiots would come out. First there was Z. Then, Jimmy Jazz. Becker and Timmy filled the role, as did Woody. J-Shane has filled in, as has the Gingasaurus Rex. But for all but a couple of weeks of last season, the spot was occupied by El Jefe, the man with free health care when he goes home to the Great White North.

El Jefe, the straight on bowler, has decided to move on to greener pastures. Ironically, he is heading to Reno, the home of the National Bowling Stadium. We expect to watch him bowling there soon... when his average finally crests 130. The Canadian will be sorely missed for his steady demeanor, his quiet head shaking after chucking one in the gutter, and his 9 open-frame games. He served two purposes on our team. He was a cool, collected, and easy-going presence. Also, he made the rest of us feel good about our bowling skills. He is, after all, the founding member of the 88 club. Check the records on the right if you don't know what that means. He will be missed.

While a loss of a team member provides an obvious venue for mourning, we see it more as an opportunity for celebration. Here is a toast to all of the men who have been so proud to have called themselves a Bowl Movement.

Now to the point of this post. Do YOU want to be a Bowl Movement? This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to wear the red and black. Requirements: 1) You must live within a 100 mile radius of Laramie, Wyoming. 2) You must have a sub-140 average, but 120-130 is preferable. 3) You must be willing to pay $12 to get your ass kicked at bowling every Monday night at 8:30 from September to May. 4) You must enjoy the imbibing of the bowling juice. That's it. If you think you have the right stuff, let us know.

3 comments:

  1. My spidey-sense is tingling!!!

    Wait: that's just my cell phone. Anyway; this post makes me feel like a rainbow took a dump in my heart. I think I may have what it takes to join the team. My bowling resume:

    -I bowl a profound 120 average, though I have a lifetime high of 188 (and a low of 22 when I tried playing in a stolen wheelchair).

    -I once met Danny Filth, singer of Cradle of Filth, at a bowling alley. He Who Shall Not Be Named smiled.

    -I am not afraid of physical altercations with people much smaller and younger than me.

    -I drink everything strangers give me, even if they tell me not to.

    My only worry is the travel involved from the bustling Megalopolis of Cheyenne to Laramie during the winter months. I may occasionally require a couch to crash on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up K-terk? Are you really interested? Woody, who you may or may not know, has expressed interest as well. You guys could certainly platoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely interested. I am sure that the weather would make it difficult to make every game though. I have bowled on a team in Laramie before: the 2004 Pin Pals.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.