Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Solstice!

Yes my friends, the days are getting longer once again as the northern hemisphere begins to face the sun. Every year we orbit this segment of the galaxy, I can't help but feel a certain malaise. It must be the combination of long dark days and holiday guilt. On top of this, my spare throw seems lost and the pocket has abandoned me. Put simply, I bowled like shit. We lost. The only bright note was that JD continued on his torrid pace and seems to be solidly in 500 territory.

So, as should be obvious, I'm not much in the mood for scribing, nor crunching numbers, nor making graphs. Last night was probably the first league night I have ever experienced when I actually did not enjoy bowling. Poor bowling may have something to do with it, but it is more about anger and resentment, the source of which is as mysterious as the wobble of Earth's obliquity. It makes you wonder if the planet has an asymmetrical core. Interesting.

9 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up buddy. No real advice, just ponder the odd finish of my 201 with a gutter in the tenth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was indeed a classic Daniele moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You helped carry the first game despite me bowling (as far as I remember) the worst game in my BM career :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the contrary, I went like 40 pins sub average in the 1st. As for you, it's always good to have you in the City of Gems, and we only expect good company and bad bowling from a rookie sub. You gave us both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. This makes me wonder-- because I have been there on more than one occasion this season-- if you and I don't have asymmetrical cores...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well? How badly did you bowl? Did you break 300? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately, I did break 300. I think I came in at 423. I was actually thrilled to get to 400.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a proud member of S.U.C.K., I can only offer that there's always next week and the opportunity for redemption (or the chance to do it again). Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 400 is the new 600. Haven't you heard? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.