Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sit Shandwich

In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury, "We are not the champions, my friend. And we'll keep on sucking till the end. We are not the champions. We are not the champions. Plenty of time for losers 'cause we are not the champions of the world."

About halfway through the second game last night, somebody, probably Johnebob, said, "This is a real shit sandwich". Yum. That pretty much describes our bowling last night. I wouldn't be surprised if our scratch series is last in the entire field. Oh, well. There's always next week. I'm starting to sound like EB.

6 comments:

  1. With the positive or the negative? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I wrote "Oh Well. There's always next week," I thought, "Isn't that a classic EB line?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be the team doctor's regular ray of sunshine. From me, it's a duck-billed platitude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it:

    http://thumbhole.blogspot.com/search?q="There's+always+next+week"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Except that I didn't hear him say it (or anything like it) last night (the 22nd, see http://thumbhole.blogspot.com/2010/02/another-tough-night-for-most-of-us.html)... :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I meant the 23rd in previous comment)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.