Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thank you

Thank you to all who have read this blog over the last couple of years. The BM Report gave me a way to dive deeply into a subject about which I knew little. It gave me a nice distraction from other things going on in my life. It was a fun project. I think I brought a unique perspective to bowling and one that the few people who found this little corner of the internet seemed to enjoy. Over the last few months, clearly my enthusiasm for bowling and writing about bowling has waned dramatically. I'm not sure what happened, but I think by some miracle I rediscovered the joys of my job. I am an archaeologist, a job that is supposed to bring satisfaction (it sure doesn't bring in much cash).

When this season rolled around, I tried to regain my blog footing on multiple occasions, but I could not. When the passion died, so did my creativity. I could continue to write sarcastic reviews of bowling murals or mustaches. I could continue to write weekly updates of our team, or bowling puzzles. I could continue to track our statistical progress, but I'm just not feeling it. A half-ass bowling blog is no better than a nonexistent bowling blog.

The greatest thing about this blog for me has been the relationships that I have earned through it. I now have a brother in Texas and another in Virginia (in addition to my real brother in Virginia), and for them I am grateful. They will continue to carry on the S.U.C.K. torch.

With that, I will quietly sign off. I'll keep rolling the ball in Bernaski, at least until I crack the 600 mark. We'll see what happens after that. Over and out. -Todd

9 comments:

  1. What?!! Say it ain't so, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Todd. Have enjoyed the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It has been really great having you two as an audience in Texas. The Rangers are hanging tough tonight. They just need to put together a few hits. I'll be in touch. -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still in denial. I hope you have a change of heart Todd, it won't be the same without ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just when I did my new best series of 8 games at bowling on Nov 2nd 2010: 243, 256, 256, 235, 203, 256, 236, 181. My PB ave. 233.25 :)
    Anyway,so long Todd. Farewell and see you, I hope, sometime when the writing itch becomes so unbearable you scribble smth here. I enjoyed reading your blog. Greetings and well wishes for all the Bowling Movement'ers from Warmia and Masuria, Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 233 average in 8 games?! Was this a practice? If you're not a pro, you ought to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a fine blog, I'm disappointed I only found it after it had ended... I'm an enthusiastic league bowler but definitely a mediocre one so I think I would have fit right in! (Although this year my league squad is right at the bottom of the table...)

    Anyway, I'm working on a new bowling alley reviews project and encouraging bowlers to submit their favorite alleys. It would be awesome if anyone wanted to check it out.

    And you're right, half-assing a blog is never a good idea. I hope that maybe sometime, your energy for blogging will return!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice games. Hope you keep on bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Todd, how are the BMers doing this season?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.